Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mini Lemon Tarts


Every Friday night I reward myself with something sweet and sinful - a treat I usually don't allow myself to indulge in during the week. There's something so comforting about digging into that perfect morsel, especially after five straight days of work. Last week it was a chocolate croissant from Le Pain Quotidien, which I dug into quite enthusiastically after scarfing down a big bowl of pesto pasta. It was beautiful. While at my favorite little cafe, I spotted the most precious little tarts that tempted me beyond belief, but I only let myself have the pain au chocolat. I couldn't get them out of my mind, so I took matters into my own hands and tested out a recipe I had been dying to try - the lemon tart - especially because my favorite baking activity involves making and kneading dough. These bite-sized pastries are equal parts sweet and tart and perfect for a dessert table or over mimosas at brunch. Most of all, they were the perfect ending to an eventful week that I was eager to see pass.

 



12 comments:

  1. I was thinking of having a pre-reunion shin dig at my place ( pending its on my side of town.)

    I now think I must, and am making you make treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in favor of all of these things! Omg, reunion. What's going on with that?

      Delete
  2. Great!! Seems delicious! Hope you visit my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Olga! Great blog!

      Delete
  3. So delicious - I'll be trying to make them soon, I love anything with lemon! And yes, a girl must treat herself every once in a while :)
    Love,
    S

    www.sonushka.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again :). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This looks absolutely divine:)! Perfect for brunch! Such classy little bite size desserts! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely delish :). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. It looks so delicious! I am following you on GFC, would be very happy if you did the same! Maybe you also wanna follow on facebook and bloglovin? Let me know!I am also hosting a giveaway. Kisses <3<3

    http://lovesushiandfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this inspirations! ♥

    Have a nice week!

    I follow you, follow me back?

    xoxo

    almostfashioon.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup!