Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rose Water Panna Cotta



When it comes to dessert, I like to keep it simple. A little bit of whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel, or a dash of spice is all I need to cap off a a sweet dish. For me, it's the little things that take it from simple to spectacular. I apply that same philosophy to life -- and love. When thinking of the perfect dessert to whip up for Valentine's Day, I was reminded of the effortless preparation and pure taste of one of my favorites: panna cotta. It means "cooked cream" in Italian and, when joined with an extra special ingredient (in this case, rose water), panna cotta can completely transform from something so basic to a dish that can truly change you. Am I still talking about food? I'm not quite sure anymore, but I do know that the smallest adjustment in the most unexpected of ways can be quite the pleasant surprise.

Rose Water Panna Cotta

Ingredients
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
  • 1 tbs cold water
  • 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
  • 2 tsp rose water
  • 2 drops pink food coloring
Recipe
  1. In a saucepan, bring the cream and sugar to a slight simmer until the sugar has melted.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine the gelatin and water and mix until the gelatin has softened.
  3. Add the cream and sugar mixture to the gelatin, constantly stirring.
  4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
  5. Strain the mixture into individual ramekins.
  6. Chill in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Shelby! This recipe makes four smaller portions. Hope this helps.

      Delete

Merci beaucoup!