Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winter Wines...and Drinking Games

Very few things can keep you warm on days when it feels like your insides are chilling on ice. Wine, I have discovered, is one of those things. Though the weather hasn't reached freezing temperatures on the West Coast as it has on the East, I have found it to be a good practice to edit your wine collection to reflect the changing seasons. Most varietals will transition easily from spring and summer to fall and winter, but here are some recommendations based on ones that I've tried myself and others that I have discovered through much research. I don't claim to be an expert in all (or any) things wine, but I hope this short list will help you the next time you reach for a bottle at the end of a long--and cold--day. 


Now that you're familiar with some of the recommended varietals of the season, why not use your new knowledge to test your friends in a party game of wine, wit and wordplay? UNCORKED! challenges players to come up with entertaining tasting notes as they sample new wines. Players will learn a thing or two about wine terminology and have fun coming up with smart, silly and pun-filled descriptions of well-known and obscure varietals. My favorite part of the game is the themed rounds, like "Compare this wine to a celebrity" and "Use sexual innuendo to describe this wine." Support UNCORKED! on Kickstarter!


1 comment:

  1. This game sounds like so much fun! My best friend and her husband are major wine drinkers so I might have to get that for them! :) Thanks for the suggestion!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    Enter my giveaway for 2 $75 Belk Gift Cards here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup!